The Pittsburgh International Airport is 20 miles (approximately 35 minutes driving time) from downtown Pittsburgh. For more information, please visit FlyPittsburgh or call 412-472-3525.
Ground Transportation form the Airport
Once you arrive at the Pittsburgh International Airport there are several transportation options to bring you to your hotel:
- Taxi service.The average taxi fare from the airport to downtown is about $30-$35, plus gratuity. There are typically taxi cabs available outside of the airport, but you can also call Yellow Cab (412-321-8100) or Classy Cab (412-322-5080).
- Rental Car. You can rent a car on-site at the Pittsburgh International Airport. For more information, including a list of car rental agencies and phone numbers, please refer to the transportation services section of the Pittsburgh International Airport website.
- Public Bus Transportation with Port Authority Transit. The 28X Airport Flyer bus has several stops downtown (the first stop after entering Downtown (Liberty Ave. and Gateway) is close to the Conference Hotel, the Wyndham Grand) and typically takes 45 minutes en route to the airport. The trip costs $3.75 one-way (tickets are bought when boarding the bus; exact change required). For more information about schedules and rates, please visit the official PAT website or call 412-442-2000.
- Super Shuttle. Super Shuttle provides shuttle service between the airport and downtown hotels. For reservations, contact Super Shuttle at 1-800-258-3826. SuperShuttle offers a discount to ISMP participants
- Hotel Shuttle Service. Some hotels (but not the Wyndham Grand) offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport. Please inquire about this option when making your lodging reservations. Please refer to the transportation services section of the Pittsburgh International Airport website for further contact information.
See instructions on the Conference Hotel web site .
You should arrange for parking with the hotel where you are a guest. The Wyndham Grand offers daily and overnight valet parking only to its guests. Parking garages close to the Wyndham Grand are listed here.
The Greyhound Lines bus terminal is located in downtown Pittsburgh. For a detailed transportation schedule, call Greyhound at 1-800-231-2222. The Pittsburgh station is located at 55 11th Street and can be reached at 412-392-6513.
The Amtrak Train Station-Pittsburgh is located at 1100 Liberty Avenue. For information on rates and schedules, call Amtrak at 1-800-872-7245.